Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bug Fest!

Ryan and Alyssa have gone to Bug Fest for the last two years. This year, Alaina and I got to go too. It's at Southeastway Park, and there are a bunch of different exhibits setup with different bugs. The first one we went to were the butterflies of course!

Our little prodigy studying the anatomy of a mosquito... I wonder if she even had the correct eye open.
And here are the girls studying live hissing cock roaches - I have no idea what the magnifying glasses were for, those things were HUGE!
Lainey pointed the way to the next exhibit...
The spiders! There were live tarantulas - it's no wonder why the girls look so terrified in this picture! I'm just impressed that Ryan was able to act so brave (since I know he was probably screaming on the inside). And finally, on to the crafts. I was very impressed with the amount of fun the girls had. They are typically afraid of bugs around the yard, so it's amazing how much they enjoyed Bug Fest.


No comments: